This afternoon I finished the back of my first quilt...
Here is a photo of the completed top from an earlier post:
In hindsight, I would not have been quite so ambitious... I chose Butch Myers' Fat Quarter Breeze pattern, but added the white sashing to modernize the fabric a bit and since I had 20 fat quarters, made 20 blocks rather than the 12 in the pattern. So my throw has become an almost twin size quilt at 73x88. I used scraps to piece 20 - 6 inch blocks for the back and sashed those as well. The main body of the fabric is Mod Girl Molly by Jennifer Paganelli...which involved some matching with less than totally perfect results, but that's ok the front certainly isn't perfect either. And those are just the things that I chose to subject myself to... at first I had a heck of a time finding 1/4 on my machine, the first blocks were ripped apart multiple times and then I had some fabric (quilt shop quality) that was not printed straight with the grain.
So I am quite happy to report that on Monday morning I will be taking this to the post office to send it to someone else to quilt... Sunday night I'll do a final pressing and pack it all up.
Which brings me to a reminder... Since I'll be going to the post office I'd love to mail all the giveaway winners their packages. I still need addresses from Suzanne and Los Angeles de Patchwork! Email me at badlandsquilts at gmail dot com. Have a good weekend everyone!